With Acrylic Photo you’re greeted by glorious luminance through the stunning glossy surface. And, with our state-of-the-art direct print process, the picture is brilliant and sharp from edge to edge, and with a range of finishing options through our online ‘Photo 2 Art’ service you can customize it just the way you want it.
At VaridocXL our direct printing technologies give our Acrylic Photo product superior and long lasting results.
We direct print your image onto the reverse side of the Acrylic sheet so that you are looking at the picture through the glossy Acrylic surface. Other techniques attempting to imitate the direct printing process are known as laminating or sandwich methods. We would like to make you aware that:
- Laminated methods can peel off over time.
- Laminated methods mean that you are looking at the image through a layer of adhesive (this is normally visible).
- Laminated methods can look messy at the edges.
- Sandwich methods generally have two pieces of Acrylic and a film layer. With this method there is a visible and cheap looking split around the edges. Direct printing means just one single piece of Acrylic for a professional finish.
- Laminated methods are not outdoor durable. The direct to substrate printing method (as used by Print Lounge) is indoor and outdoor durable.
- Direct printing (as used by Print Lounge) uses advanced inks and technologies. These technologies give superior results with a wider range of print possibilities, including the ability to print white inks directly onto the solid Acrylic substrate.